working in simple robot soccer ( problem in detection ) ..

Proximity, IR, Line, Light and Temperature sensors, Frequency meters, Tachometers, Thermometers, Barometers...

Moderators: ikalogic, cotto88

working in simple robot soccer ( problem in detection ) ..

Postby dagash » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 am

hi everybody
here i am working in smaller model of ( robot soccer ) ..
i work hardley to make it playing autonomously ( without computer ) .. (( i said smaller model in above :lol: )) , just i used ( Pic’s - sensors - servo motors ).

this is some details about what i work in :
every team have 3 players ( goalkeeper + 2 on the ground ) .
ground are closed from all directions ( as square ) , so no ( out - throw in .. etc ) .

my problems includes 3 things :
1 - how can player detect his team ..2683
2 - how can player detect opponents ..2683
3 - what is the suitable method to dribbling , passing and kicking ( scoring ) ..2683
4 - how can the goalkeeper play .

about the 4th point , i just make the goal keeper follow the ball and if distance between ball and goalkeeper is 2 cm and less the goalkeeper move forward for ball side , but still have problem with keeping it in goal zone and not exceed it .

after simpl and little try ( with one player ) i dont know how can players back to the intial position to start a match ( after score a goal ) ...

in first model i made , i used ( pics - sensors ( reflective ) - servo motors ) and just 2 players ( 1 player + 1 goalkeeper ) , i noticed slow response but i dont know why ..!!26832683 anyone can tell me about Pics have good features .. 26832683

ill attach some pictures about the headlines and assumptions soon .
dagash

Re: working in simple robot soccer ( problem in detection ) ..

Postby ikalogic » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:44 pm

This is an interesting topic. I can help, but you need to provide much much more information.. you need to be more specific so that we can help.
True wisdom is knowing what you don't know -- Confucius
ikalogic
Site Admin

Postby dagash » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

about microcontroller i used PIC16fXX family ,, but i will try AVR , ithink it have a faster response .
for detection and for simplified i used ir sender and receiver and i notice there is disturbance in response ( actually i said not precise ) .. i bought reflection type of sensor but ill try after 21th of this month ( i have Exaaams ) , also i am looking for more details about ( Sharp Analogue InfraRed Range Finding System (AERS) with cable GP2D12 ) ..!!

about detect opponents simply i think in colour sensing ( detecting ) but it is still not a good choice ..( i have an idea for provideng any team with a radio connection but that make a response so slow and also make over ( full of ) than PIC can take ) , i see if communication done by an external device .

even now i couldnt find any things about dribbling and kicking ,,and how players decide shooting or not or passing ,,

ooh i forgot this , each player have ( pic + 2 servo + wheels + sender & reciver ir )
also there is problem in a rotation and movement in correct form.

everyone need any info , just tell me
dagash

Postby ikalogic » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 am

What don't you use the IR to send a code which is unique for each team and for each player function (goal keeper / field player).

IR is directional, so it would also help you to see whee is each player. However, the boundries of your field will need to be covered with Black tissue to prevent any reflection of the IR, which would complicate things a lot...

This is the simplest way i can think of!
ikalogic
Site Admin

Postby dagash » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 pm

IR is directional,

that my big problem , i think i try to using sonar sonsor , but here i cant find many types .

now i delay the point about detection , i am in focus to write the code for this robot .
i
function:
- driblling
- exploring ( team or opponents ) .
- passing .
- get direction for goal .
- 2 function for goal keeper ( attacking and passing ) .
- shooting ( scooring goal ).
- possiton for attacking and defence . ( i think this most difficult issue here ) .
- possition after scooring , to reset all robots to the center point and play again .
shooting and passing mechansim need a spring to charge the kick , i work in two levels , first for passing and the other for scorring .. thats mean dribbling can be excute through player movement for several direction .

i am using C for programming , so i will share my code with this language ... ok

* i am looking for the maximum speed for everything ( response , movement , possition and ....etc .
when i leaves using a camera and computer i lose the fastest response to the whole play ( match ) , so i try to found a good alternators for all components and try with its .
dagash

Postby ikalogic » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 pm

That project looks really very interresting...

c code is the best i can help you with! especially if it's on AVRs :)

don't under estimate the sensors part of this project.. without it there is nothing.

i don't see why IR being directional is a problem for you.. 2683 i even see it as a good point!
ikalogic
Site Admin

Postby dagash » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 am

don't under estimate the sensors part of this project.. without it there is nothing.

i just looking to other things , i will back to it soon , 8)

is there any thing you can prefere AVR side to pic one ...26832683

i don't see why IR being directional is a problem for you.. 2683 i even see it as a good point!

this point means i will use alot of sensors ,, look at the functions what determined above .. you will see the difficultness of detection when it the detector being directional , small example for what i mean , every robot should discover opponents , its team and goal in same time ( not litrally doing this in same time ) , then makw its move depend on this given to play faster and smoothly .
when we use ultrasound as example we covered wide area of field , but still ultrasound has interferences .
i can use IR and try to look what i can do to fix what i said . but i see we sould abbreviate more steps to arrive to best response and performance .

what about the functions ,, do you think it is enough ..2683
dagash

Postby crysthane » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 am

How many job openings are there per year for a football coach2687 I really need to know how many job openings there are per year for a football coach.
crysthane

Return to Sensors & Measurement