POSITION AND SPEED CONTROL OF GEARED SERVO MOTOR

H-bridge, Motors, speed and position control, PWM...

Moderators: ikalogic, cotto88

POSITION AND SPEED CONTROL OF GEARED SERVO MOTOR

Postby ARUNA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:09 am

i am using PIC18f258 microcontroller ,H-bridge and potmeter.Potmeter used as feed back.
want to control speed and position of servo permant magnet motor i.e.geared servo motor with some load.how i can do it.I am using in build PWM module to control speed with 1Khz frequency.I can drive motor after 75% duty cycle.how i can drive with less duty cycle.is it reducing frequency of PWM2683 need help for it2683also,How to control position in this
ARUNA

Re: POSITION AND SPEED CONTROL OF GEARED SERVO MOTOR

Postby ikalogic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Why not sharing your code2683

if you need to reduce duty cycle you have to reduce duty cycle! :)

Now, what is duty cycle, its the ratio of the ON period over the whole period of the square wave controlling the motor driver.

If you need more help on how to change that ratio, sharing the code would be a good start :)
True wisdom is knowing what you don't know -- Confucius
ikalogic
Site Admin

Postby ARUNA » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:19 am

Sorry,motor which i am using is not servo motor,it is just small permant magnet DC motor.If i reduce duty its not moving.what need to be do plz help
ARUNA

Postby ikalogic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 am

ARUNA wrote:Sorry,motor which i am using is not servo motor,it is just small permant magnet DC motor.If i reduce duty its not moving.what need to be do plz help

Are you sure you're applying the rated voltage to the motor2683 It seems like an under voltage situation! (no enough voltage -> I = V/R -> no enough current -> no enough couple! -> motor stops!)
True wisdom is knowing what you don't know -- Confucius
ikalogic
Site Admin

Return to Motor control