ScanaStudio Logic Analyzer software
ScanaStudio is a software created to let users get the most out of their Scanalogic-2 Logic analyzer.
ScanaStudio is a Free software (so are all the updates and add-ons) and we provide prompt and dedicated support to all its users. Customer respect and satisfaction is and will always be our topmost priority.Download ScanaStudio latest release
ScanaStudio software screen shots:
[01/03/2013] – Scanastudio V1 developement is officially stopped, because ScanaStudio V2 is in developement. Scanalogic-2 support under ScanaStudio 2 is to be expected by the mid of 2013
[25/04/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.1 05
- Fixed ‘out of range’ bug that appeared when decoding more than 10 000 packets of SPI.
[25/04/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.1 04
- Fixed bug in frequency calculation.
- Added a right margin in the waveform view for easier access to far end samples.
- Added the possibility to run FFT analysis for individual channels.
- Added a probes legend in Scanalogic-2′s device tab.
[04/04/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.1 03
- Added the possibility to manually set frequencies in the data buider wizard. Thanks for the feedback from user pinwu . See picture below for example usage:
[04/04/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.1 01
- Bug fix : corrected a bug related to opening older SCL files – Thanks to user techman2.
- Enhanced Data builder wizard – Thanks for the feedback from user stewart_bakeruk.
[30/02/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.1
- Added the possibility to change the channel legend by simply clicking on it.
- Added a “Restore default configuration” option in the Help menu.
[21/03/2012] - ScanaStudio V1.0
- Added the possibility to quickly add simple generator signal where you only need to define the frequency and duty cycle. Useful when you only need a square wave quicly outputted on a channel.
- Possibility to attach a comment to ScanaStudio file (.sst).
- Better cursor position visualization (ex 113.23 ms would be written 000 : 113 : 023 us)
- Included a set of sample workspaces to demonstrates the bus decoder function. Can be accessed from “File >Load Sample workspace > Scanalogic-2 > sample-name”
- Added more image export options: Now the user can export only a selected time block as an image, with or without the markers, the comments, the decoder and the time information.
[15/02/2012] - ScanaStudio V0.1 beta release
- Totally redesigned OpenGL based chart display for smoother chart navigation.
- Data Builder wizard totally re-designed, to allow easy signal building using a visual interface.
- Possibility to hide/show some channels. Screen will be filled by the visible channels.
- Auto-refresh function in the SCANALOGIC-2 device configuration panel.
- Possibility to dock/undock panels on the left of the chart area.
- Added “Save as” option (instead of only “save” in previous versions)
- Completely new install and update system, we don’t use Microsoft’s click-once deployment any more because we didn’t have enough flexibility. Now ScanaStudio is properly installed in the program files, and can be uninstalled with a mouse click.
- Totally new file management system: A saved workspace will now contain much more information about the last session, allowing the user to resume exactly from where he/she left.
[04/01/2012] - ScanaStudio Pre-alpha
- Scanalogic-2 software development is stopped and ScanaStudio development is started.
- Objective of Scanastudio are:
- Compatibility with all future devices
- Much smoother user interface
- Possibility to add plug-ins or add-ons seperately developed by third parties.
Versions prior to this date were simply called Scanalogic-2 Software.
[09/08/2011] – V126.96.36.199
- Added the possibility to change the top time bar datum (Zero position). To do that, add a new marker where you want the new datum to be, right-click on the marker > “Set as new time datum”.
- When saving a file with SCANALOGIC generated bit streams and Serial data, the data generator script is also saved and restored next time the file is opened.
- Made the time selection bubble’s colors more optimized for printer friendly operation.
- Corrected a bug that caused wrong timings to appear in the time selection bubble.
- Corrected a bug that prevented FFT analysis from being refreshed
[23/04/2011] – V2.8
- Completely new, more comprehensive decoders / analyzers interface.
- Removed the “basic tab”, replaced it by top bar icons and mouseOver info-box on the graph
- Added transparency effects when showing/hiding a decoder
- Added GZIP compression to saved SCL files (reducing file sizes to < 10 Kbytes)
- The CTRL or ALT button now allows slow zooming
- Added CAN™ bus decoder
- Added Manchester bi-phase decoder
- Added the possibility to have various decoders at the same time (like CAN on CH1, UART on CH2, and i2c on ch3 and 4)
- Added the possibility to decode SPI on 3 wires only (half duplex), leaving 1 wire for another bus.
- Added more options to the I2C decoder to allow different interpretation of the address field.
- Animated the Zoom in/out sequences for more friendly graph navigation
- When zooming in/out, the the zoom will step to canonical values of time per division, that it, it will jump from 5ms/div to 6ms/div (in earlier versions, you could always see values like 5.346 ms/div which was unfriendly from most users…)
[18/02/2011] – V2.7
- Added LIN1.x and LIN2.x protocols decoding, Thanks to Gerard Klaver from the Netherlands
- Added the possibility to add comments under a time selection (right click on time selection then click “Add/change comment”). Those comments are saved with the waveform.
[10/01/2011] – V2.6
- Increased the maximum sampling depth to more than 261K sample
- Added auto-decode feature: No need to press the “decode” button after each data capture
- Added infinite number of byte watches (formerly called byte highlight)
- Enhanced the navigation to be much smoother with lower CPU and memory utilization
- Saving a data sequence saves all interface variables like the zoom level, decoder settings, chart position. Re-opening a saved sequences lets you continue exactly from where you left!
- Enhanced the visual rendering of the decoder, yielding a much more user friendly interface
- Added colors profile features, allowing you to quicly switch between standard colors, printer friendly colours and other custom colors profiles.
- Added the possibility to change the chart lines width of every colour profile, which can be usefull for printing charts with bold clear lines
- Added “open recent files” in the File menu
[02/09/2010] – V2.4
- Added a comprehensive Maple bus decoding – Thanks to the participation of Gerard CHATRY.
- Added trigger delay information on the timeline
[10/08/2010] – V2.3
- Added compression to the saved SCANALOGIC (.scl) files. now files are 9 times smaller in size.
- Added “After trigger delay” feature (Appears in the Device configuration tab, only if your device’s firmware version is above 1.0, download latest version below)
- Added option to copy/paste entire channel, available by right clicking in the chart area.
- Added the option to copy/paste time blocks.
- BUG FIX: When the user navigates from a maker to another using the keyboard shortcuts, the actual zoom remains unchanged.
[18/07/2010] – V2.2
- Added “snap to edge” feature when adding or moving a marker, this way you can easily align the marker on he edges of the waveform
- Added rendering options to allow the user to adjust the software for best visual appearance or best performance. This allow users having slow computers to use the software smoothly. The new feature can be found by going to View > Configure chart view
- Added colors on all labels stating the channels (CH1 to CH4), to help the user to know which channel goes with which probe.
- Added an option to hide the bottom log for users who have a small netbook’s screen. This feature can be found under View > Hide Bottom Log
- Added the option to hide/show individual channels. You will notice 4 new icons on the top tool bar for that purpose. They are simply called “1″, “2″, “3″ and “4″. clicking on it toggles the channels ON/OFF
- Added the Keyboard shortcut to go to a marker simply by pressing it’s corresponding number. for instance, to quickly center the screen on marker M0 position, simply press the “0″ key on your keyboard. This features only works with the first 10 markers (M0 to M9). Note that this can be used to quickly go to the trigger position by pressing 0, as this is always the position of M0.
- Added Page Up / Page Down keyboard shortcuts to advance the chart view forward or backward by a complete page.
- Added Home / End keyboard shortcuts to advance the chart view to the end or to the beginning.
- The horizontal scroll bar used to navigate through the chart view now scrolls the chart of one full grid step instead of just one sample length.
- Corrected minor issue with 1-Wire decoder: if a presence pulse was no present, the decoder would ignore that and continue decoding. now if a packet don’t have a presence pulse, it is totally ignored.
[13/06/2010] – V2.1
- Added 1-Wire decoding feature
[25/05/2010] – V2.0 Initial release of SCANALOGIC-2 Software