SP209 Series Logic Analyzer9 channel 200 MSPS logic analyzer & protocol decoder
SP209 series logic analyzers and protocol decoders offer in depth analysis of logic signals and protocols with 200MHz (5ns) timing resolution. 9-channel logic analyzer allows 8-bit parallel data to be captured along with a clock or strobe signal.
SP209 series logic analyzers rely on ScanaStudio software (runs Windows, Mac and Linux) to capture, display, analyze and decode signals. Most industry standard protocols can be interpreted, among which: SPI, I2C, USART, 1-Wire, CAN, LIN, I2C, RS232, RS485, TWI and much more (click for full list of supported protocol decoders).
SP209 family overview
SP209 Series is composed of two devices, SP209 and SP209i:
Top-notch specs, no compromises
- 9 logic channels with adjustable thresholds (1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 5V)
- State of the art input stage, with Schmitt triggers that eliminate glitches on slow signals
- 200 MHz sampling rate, with all 9 channels used.
- External clock option (state mode), up to 50MHz
- Dedicated trigger-In and trigger-Out interfaces on SMA ports
- Samples compression and streaming via USB.
- 2Gb DDR-3 memory kicks-in when USB isn’t fast enough.
- Embedded receivers on industrial version: SP209i (RS232, CAN, LIN, RS485).
- Guaranteed performances on all hosts.
- Embedded 2Gb sampling memory = performance assurance
- SP series logic analyzers compress and stream captured signals via USB 2.0 to a Windows, Linux or MacOS machine. USB bandwidth can be variable from a system to another, and is practically limited to 20MB/s. That’s why SP logic analyzers have an embedded 2Gb DDR-3 memory that buffers captured samples at 1.6GB/s, overcoming USB limitations.
Powerful trigger options
- Edge trigger
- Logic change on one or various channels
- Trigger on a sequence of timed logic signals
- Trigger on a protocol word or event (like serial word or I2C address acknowledge)
- External trigger input
- Trigger output
- Dual stage trigger (Ex: Edge trigger, then, Trigger on I2C address).
Designed for performance, SP209 series logic analyzers offer the possibility to capture and analyze 9 channels of logic signals and industrial buses at a rate of 200MHz. This is perfectly adapted for demanding applications, where it is needed to capture logic signals with maximum resolution on all 9 channels.
- Embedded systems development and debugging
- Research and educational
- Serial protocols analysis, like I2C, SPI, UART or 1-Wire (non exhaustive list)
- Industrial bus analysis: RS232, RS485, CAN, LIN
- ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) and DAC (Digital to Analog Converts) diagnostic
- IoT systems
- Reverse engineering
- Capture very long sequences of logic signals (up to 2 Tera samples)
- Software lets you view decoded signals in many different levels of abstractions (Packets or detailed bits and bytes)
- Target very specific event thanks to a versatile multi-stage trigger system
- Device performance do not depend on USB connection bandwidth
- Software running on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Software is free, intuitive and very easy to use.
- Synchronize captured samples with other lab instruments via Trigger IN and OUT ports.
- Premium quality hook-style probes set
Download latest product datasheet: Datasheet